L’ultimo aggiornamento di Windows genera segnalazioni sul Symantec Endpoint.
Ecco la soluzione
Do not uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection as prompted. Instead, follow these steps:
- Cancel the Windows 10 upgrade.
- Open the file roru.log.
You can find this file in the following default locations:
- Windows Vista and later: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Install\Logs\
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Install\Logs\
- Scroll to the bottom of the file.
- If you see the word Finished, close the file, and begin the Windows 10 upgrade again.
- If you do not see the word Finished, close the file.
You can check the file again at a later time to see if Finished appears.
To prevent this issue, you can do one of the following before you upgrade the operating system to Windows 10:
- Uninstall the earlier version of Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Upgrade to 188.8.131.52 with the following command line switches:
setup /v"/l*v c:\log.txt MIGRATIONDELAY=1 MAXMIGRATIONDELAY=1"
- Check roru.log as noted above to see if all upgrade processes have completed.